my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Sunny Sunflower

Last week it was my sister Kate's birthday and this is the card that I made for her. These stamps are from a free set that came with the creative Stamper magazine a few months ago. Kate loves sunflowers so as soon as I saw this I knew I would be using it for her birthday card. As usual I started by stamping the main sunflower onto a small piece of white card with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I coloured it with Coloursoft pencils and Sansodor for blending and then trimmed it to size and used a small corner punch to round  the corners. I shaded the edges lightly with tea dye Distress ink using a blending tool. I used some bronze Frantage for the centre of the flower and then mounted it onto brown glitter card and then onto yellow card. I made a 6" x 6" square base card using  SU Kraft cardstock, and stamped and coloured the small sunflower randomly over the front. I added some brown gingham ribbon and tied a bow  before adding the sunflower panel. I thought it looked a bit bleak so I stamped the single leaf from the small flower twice into each corner and coloured them and I think that gave it a little lift. The birthday greeting is a LOTV stamp and I coloured and mounted it to match the rest of the card.
The brown glitter card and the yellow and white card were all from the snippets box so I am taking this over to Pixies Snippets Playground as I 've not played for a couple of weeks.
I am also entering at Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes.
                         and Natalie and Amy - Colouring on Kraft
Thank you for taking time to visit and for you lovely comments which are all really appreciated.






18 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous, Jean! You have coloured it beautifully and I love how all the different elements coordinate so well. A stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and image, makes you think of the warmer days we had in summer.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sunflower Jean, and the added leaves in the corners works beautifully, and the kraft card is complemented wonderfully well by the yellow of the sunflowers scattered all over it, and the brown gingham ribbon and the circular sentiment finished it so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely reminder of summer Jean! I've got that stamp too, it's lovely :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty sunflower card Jean. This is the first year in a long time I haven't grown sunflowers.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, just love the large sunflower stamp! The background you've created with the small sunflower stamp is just perfect. Beautiful design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your sister loved this card as much as I do! The flower center looks amazing but I just LOVE how you did that cute little sentiment circle! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sunflower is gorgeous! The coloring is wonderful, such a perfect card for a Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jean - that's a lovely card and sure to have delighted Kate! I do love how you stamped the background to go with the lovely main image - and even coloured the LOTV sentiment to match :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! The stamped background is fab and so is the main image! I love the frontage centre!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean this is a lovely card, great sunflower, I bet your sister loved it.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cheerful sunflower! So pretty, your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jran,
    what a superb card.
    I love your designing, and that sunflower is coloured so perfectly.
    I too bought that magazine, but haven't had chance to use the stamps yet.
    Your card has given me the inspiration to use them now, but my colouring won't be as good as yours.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your coloring with colorsoft is beautiful!!! Love the inside of the sunflower!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love sunflowers & this card for your sister is gorgeous, I'm sure she will love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this sunflower card Jean. Very beautiful.
    Greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely sunny kind of card. Bet Kate loved it. Wish I'd known it was her birthday!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was even lovelier in real life. Don´t know how I missed this post a few days back Jean. Thanks again. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete