my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Heartfelt Wishes

A one layer card with a heart or hearts is the order of the day at Less Is More this week, and after making brown cards for last couple of weeks I thought I'd go pretty this time,so here is my card.
The swirly heart is a Chocolate Baroque stamp and I stamped it with
Brilliance ink pad Twilight, ( a three colour pad ) onto a white pearlecsent card. I then stamped the boating couple on top of the heart with Memento Paris Dusk ink. This is a small  Clarity stamp that I've had for ages and has been used often. I stamped the the Crafty Individuals sentiment below the main image with blue end of the Brilliance ink pad. I added some dots with white liquid pearls around the heart and sprinkled them with some crystal ultra fine glitter to add a bit of bling.
Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate your comments.

6 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card Jean. The boat stamp fits perfectly with the heart. I am never very pleased with the image when I stamp onto pearlescent card, but you seem to managed it just fine. I do like the 'touch of bling' too.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jean, I love the colours and the sentiment is lovely. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Jean and I love the twinkly bits surrounding the heart!
    I believe I have this stamp too although it hasn't seen ink yet... maybe now is the time!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thi is so beautiful Jean - what a fab idea to stamp the couple inside the heart...gorgeous! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so subtle and pretty Jean, you do that look so well
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The image looks so perfect inside the heart, like it was made for it! It's beautiful Jean. Maria x

    ReplyDelete