my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 12 December 2013

Fantasy Butterfly

This is the card that I made for my Granddaughter's birthday last weekend. I began by stamping the Chocolate Baroque butterfly image onto white card with Memento elderberry ink,and coloured it with Derwent Coloursoft pencils. The edges were shaded with tumbled glass Distress ink, and then it was layered onto dark purple card. The base card was cut and folded from white A4 cardstock to make a 5" x 7" card. I used a Crafty Individuals border mask and a purple Imagination Sparkle Medium to create the border. The ribbon and bow are seam binding coloured with the same distress ink as I used on the image panel, and the greeting was cut with a Britania die from the same purple card as the mat. Having assembled everything I decided that I wanted a bit more dimension so I stamped and coloured the butterfly and the lowest flower again and cut them out. I used an embossing tool to add a little shape to the pieces and then used silicon glue to fix them over the original image. I didn't raise them very much and I don't think it shows up much in my photo but it was enough to add a bit of interest to the card.
I am going to enter this at Stamping Sensations - Free And Easy. 
And as I used snippets of card for all the stamping and for the die cutting I am also entering it at the
Pixies Snippets Playground.
Thank you for your looking and for your comments, all much appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card--bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A totally delightful creation Jean, thank so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Jean.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Melissa. It is lovely! I can't resist a butterfly. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Jean - such pretty colours and a lovely design too!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this CB stamp and the dimensional paste border and the turquoise ribbon are the perfect finishing touches. I'm sure your Granddaughter must have been delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card with this gorgeous butterfly. Purple is a perfect card for a young Miss too. So happy that you came over to the Playground to play with us...it's a fun place. Your Britannia die was so pretty on this card, and loved the dimension you had on the butterfly. TFS & Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the butterfly.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The border is a lovely finishing touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jean, LOVE this card! That butterfly is just gorgeous, and the border is so pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete