my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 22 July 2015

A Smiley Card

Hi there everyone, it has been a while since I posted anything here, it's not that I haven't made anything, just not got round to blogging it. I also seem to forget to take the photos lately as well, especially when I am dashing off to the post box as soon as the card is finished.
Today I have a card with hardly any stamping on it, just the first part of the sentiment which is stamped using part of an Art Impressions stamp with Versamark ink and embossed with WOW Vanilla White embossing powder.
The base card is a white A6 size and the patterned paper is from a 6 x 6 Dovecraft pad that I picked up in the supermarket. The pad is called Curiosity Corner and this is one of the pretty designs. I trimmed one piece to fit the front of the card and used the off cut to die cut the smile word and to punch out some of the small flowers. The card I used for the mats is from a Papermania multi-colour pack containing 1 sheet each of 75 shades of textured card. This is available in A4 and A6 sizes, and I bought the smaller size as I wasn't sure how much I would use it, but it is a nice light weight card which is ideal for multi layered cards and it die cuts beautifully, so I think I will have to invest in the larger size as I have already used it quite a lot. I cut the mats with two sizes of Li'l Inker stitched rectangle dies, and stuck them onto the card. I die cut the word twice more from a snippet of ivory card and stacked them up with the patterned one I cut earlier and stuck it to the green mat. I used an X Cut punch and some tiny snippets of coloured card to cut more little daisy flowers and a Brittania die and a snippet of green card to cut some small leaves. Using a small ball embossing tool I shaped the flowers a bit and arranged them on the card with the leaves before sticking them down and adding some little pearls to the centers.

I am entering this at Pixies Snippets Playground - Use Snippets.

Thank you all for visiting here and for the lovely comments you leave, I really appreciate all of them.
Jean

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Jean. Great design and I love the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jean. Love the flowery background and all the little added flowers.
    Gr Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jean, this is gorgeous! And I do love how well you explained how the card was made. Great idea with the sentiment and fancy finding the pretty paper pad in a supermarket - hope you popped it onto the weekly shopping bill? :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Jean and I love that flowery background and a great idea to make some flowers and the die cut sentiment using the same paper and the red and green colour mats complement it beautifully. I know what you mean about making a card and having to get it in the post immediately. I always intend to think ahead more but it never happens ..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card today its such a pretty design I love those stirched rectangle dies and the very lovely flowers its all looks delightful Love and hugs Caroe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    first of all may I say I love your new photo of yourself.
    I thought when you visited me it was someone new, till I investigated further.
    Wonderful creation today, and that paper is real lovely, and I think excellent value for money, as I too have bought it.
    It looks so good with your wonderful design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That´s pretty Jean. I like the flowery paper. I haven´t managed to find a big script die that I like and would use enough to warrant buying it, but I do like the look of them when I see them on cards. Kate x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real pretty card jean, the papers look beautiful, love the die cut words.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Jean. Great colour combination.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a simple and pretty card Jean, and I love the child-like handwriting! Those accent flowers are very pretty too, as is your new photo :) Great smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your happy card sending a smile, Jean! It's easy to make cards now without much or any stamping because of all the dies we have available! No matter how it's made, there is nothing better than a handmade card, especially when you use up some snippets, too!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's just lovely Jean. The pretty papers and the nifty design don't need a lot of stamping. Loved the placement of the stitched mat shapes with the pretty flowers and the wonderful smile die. It's a great snippet card and I love it! TFS & have a great wkend. Hugs (PS...I've done the same thing with taking photos because of hurrying to get it in the mail!)

    ReplyDelete