my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 1 September 2016

A First Birthday card

Good evening, and thank you to everyone who left me such kind comments on my last post after my being away for so long.  This coming weekend is the first birthday for my fourth Great Granddaughter, Ella and this is the card I have made for her.

The image is a LOTV stamp,
stamped with black Memento
ink and coloured with Promarkers. I die cut it with a Lil Inker stitched die and then cut  a mat from some pale pink paper. I cut a piece of the patchwork design paper very slightly smaller than the front of the 15cm square base card. I used a Victorian Velvet Distress Marker to ink the edge of this and all the other cut pieces. I stuck the pale pink mat to the background paper at an offset angle and stitched 3 pale blue buttons to a length of pink ribbon before wrapping it round the paper, slightly overlapping the mat and fixing it at the back. I then fixed all this to the card, and added the image. The greeting is another LOTV stamp which I cut out by hand as none of my round dies were the right size. I used an X Cut die to cut the hexagon mat and having stuck them together I added it to the card. Both the pink and patterned paper are from a pad called Belle and Boo which contains some really pretty designs for baby and young children's cards.
The pink paper and white card used were all snippets so I am taking this to show in Pixies Snippets Playground.
I am also entering at Love To Craft Challenge Blog- Anything Goes
and Simon Says Stamp - Anything  Goes.




13 comments:

  1. Well congrats on your 4th DGGD!! That's impressive and so is this fun little card! I love those tiny buttons and ribbon accents.........and I also love that name Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card Jean! Love the cute image and all the details you added are lovely - right down to stitching on those buttons! I don't know that there's a circle die to properly fit those round LOTV stamps as I also end up hand cutting mine :)

    Great to see you in the Playground.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh doesn't time fly. Its a beautiful adorable card for you G-G-daughters 1st birthday.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty card Jean and the LOTV image is so cute and just perfect for your little Great Granddaughter. I love the patchwork paper and your beautiful colouring of the image, together with the buttons attached to the ribbon which is a great embellishment. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    ooooooooooooooo! I love this super and gorgeous card.
    You have coloured the image perfectly, and the paper and your design is ace.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet loving the image and the quilted background.
    Thanks for joining us over at LTCCB, good luck. Hope to see you again.
    Jean DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely this is just adorable loving your design and that pretty stamp love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I can't believe little Ella is a year old already. The card is very cute and a good way to use some of that cute paper. I love the LOTV images, and this one is no exception. It is all very pretty. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, with an adorable image. I love the patterned paper too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh Jean great work there I love the image for starters as LOTV is ultra special must use mine more!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, can't believe she is one year old! How this year has flown away. This is just a darling card to celebrate the Big One Year, and of course the LOTV images are always so darling. Love all the pink hexagons, looks like a delicious baby quilt for the background. We are still in the throes of summer, but some of the mornings & late evenings are quite pleasant, especially if we have less humidity. Have lots of sunshine but it was lovely to have one cool gray & misty morning. Afternoon sun came back, and of course no rain to speak of since that day. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww this is just the sweetest! and the patterned paper is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete