my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 17 November 2016

Four years Old Already

Good evening, it has once again been ages since I posted anything here, I have made several cards which I might get round to showing at a later time, but in the meanwhile there have been several distractions to keep me away from the computer.
However earlier this week it was the birthday of the eldest of my little Great  Granddaughters, she is now 4 yeas old, (where does all the time go?) and here is the card I made for her.
The image is a Gorguss stamp, stamped with black Memento ink onto a piece of ivory card, coloured with Promarkers and cut with a Lil'inker stitched rectangle die, and then matted onto a larger stitched rectangle of dark pinky/red card. This toned with the pinks much better than it looks in the photo. The base card is 5"x7" size and I cut a panel of the dark card to cover the front leaving a very narrow border. The patterned paper is from an 8"x8" pad called Belle and Boo from Trimcraft. I cut the bottom of the dotty piece with a stitched bracket edger die from the Frantic Stamper, and the flowery piece with a scallop blade in the paper cutter. I fixed these to the card, again leaving a small border, and the image panel was then stuck in place with thin foam tape. The greeting disc is a LOTV stamp coloured and matted to match, the two little tags were cut by hand and one stamped with "lots of love" and the other hand written, and fixed to the disc with a pink flower brad. The 4 is die cut from two layers of card and coated with Glossy Accents. I stamped the paper dolls part of the stamp onto a scrap of pattered paper and fussy cut it out and glued it over the original one. the scissors and book are little stamps in the same set and I stamped and coloured them and cut them out before adding them to the bottom of the image panel. I also added a little Glossy Accent to the hearts in her hair and boots.
The pattered paper and all the stamping card used here were snippets so I am going to enter it at Pixie's Snippets Plaground - Just Use Some Snippets.
Thank you for taking time to visit and for your comments which are really appreciated.
Jean

12 comments:

  1. How pretty this it Jean and a wonderful card for your Great Granddaughter. I love the papers and this Gorjuss image is just gorgeous and the extra little stamped book, scissors, paper dolls and the number are fabulous added embellishments. The circular sentiment with the two little tabs looks a bit like a rosette too. Hope we will see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. The Gorjuss image is one that just lends itself to paper piecing some of the elemnents. I have one Gorjuss girl stamp that to my shame I have to say I have never used. I like the pink flower design paper on the base of the card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your great granddaughter's 4th birthday, and what a cute card you've made for her! I really like the die-cut shaped panel and those paper dolls are perfect for a young girl! Enjoy your time with her - life happens much too quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean,
    oh what a gorgeous card.
    I love that very sweet image and you have coloured it perfectly too.
    Love your very fab design and the wonderful papers used.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely delightful card for your GGrand daughters birthday. I think we all wonder where time goes these days.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Jean! How fabulous to see you in the Playground, we missed you. I often worry when special playmates go MIA, although I knew from Kate's blog you'd been busy.

    Love your card, so pretty! Funny enough I have this same stamps set and have never used it so far. Bad me! I think there's a sentiment in saying 'I found my best friends in a book' or similar - quite clever I thought and had I not been resting this week would perhaps have used it for the current Less is More books themed challenge!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorably sweet card--love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work there Jean, your great-granddaughter would've loved it, so careful attention to detail, it beautifully made with love.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  9. She'll just adore this very pretty card its the perfect girlie design Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is very sweet Jean. You do better with promarkers than I do. I'm sticking with my brush tips on the copic markers. I hope Jenna had a lovely day. Sorry I am late visiting. I have also been distracted this week! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jean

    What a cute card for your Great Grand-daughter .. .. I bet she loved it!

    That must have been quite a trimming task to cut out that tiny string of dolls .. .. but the finished look is well worth all the effort.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable all in pink, and the image is perfect for a sweet 4 yr old. I love the way you've done the bottom treatment with the stitched mats, then adding the swirl of the scallop mat. It's tailored, yet so very girly and feminine. Delightful image, beautifully colored, and the color choices will be dear to a little lady's heart! TFS & Hugs (oh yes, I did love the paper dolls too!)

    ReplyDelete